The HCG Diet Plateau Breakers
A plateau is simply the stoppage of your weight loss. This is why it is crucial for you to weigh yourself every day. Normal progress is a weight drop of a half a pound (sometimes more) from one day to the next. We have found that many people start to plateau during the second week of the diet.
When you weigh the same from one day to the next, then you have started a plateau. First re-read the protocol to see if there is anything that you need to adjust to adhere to the diet. Many people accidentally use garlic salt, instead of garlic powder, or if you are using regular salt instead of sea salt. Sometimes it takes four to six days before some people finally realize that they are stuck, meaning on a weight loss plateau.
Here are some Plateau Breaking Tips that we have found very effective when following Phase 2 on the HCG Diet Protocol.
- Increase your fluid intake to 2 to 3 quarts per day. Additional fluids will assist in promoting adequate digestion, help prevent constipation and may help to flush out toxins and fat.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily.
- Try increasing your protein by half an ounce. You may not be eating enough calories per day, especially if you are working out. Avoid consuming less than 550 calories daily because your body may go into “starvation mode” and store fat.
- Limit your red meat serving to once per week. Red meat digests slowly in the bowel and may slow down weight loss.
- Make sure you are not using garlic salt. Sea salt and garlic powder are acceptable. All seasoning salts or seasoning products should not be used when on the HCG diet.
- Do not mix vegetables.
- Cut out the allowable carbohydrate snacks such as Grissini bread sticks, Melba toast and Wasa crackers.
- Do not eat the same protein, vegetable or fruit more than once in the same day.
- Make sure there are no antibiotics or flavor enhancers in your chicken or other protein sources.
- Do not eat any canned food products. These have preservatives and flavor enhancers that may slow down weight loss.
- For women, your cycle may cause a weight gain of 2 to 5 pounds. Be aware of the date of your last menstrual cycle.
- Diets often will cause constipation. If you have discomfort, an over the counter laxative should be taken only as needed. If you have not had a bowel movement in 5 days or longer, please contact your doctor’s office for further instruction.
- Raw Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is the star condiment on this diet. Put 1 tablespoon in water and drink or make a tea with stevia. Also can be used in salad dressing. Apple Cider Vinegar has been scientifically proven to release fat within the body and contains similar properties that have been found in grapefruit.
- The Simeoms protocol also includes an apple day to break a plateau;
“An apple-day begins at lunch and continues until just before lunch of the following day. 12:00 to 12:00, a 24 hour period. The patients are given six large apples and are told to eat one whenever they feel the desire though six apples is the maximum allowed. During an apple-day no other food or liquids except plain water are allowed and of water they may only drink just enough to quench an uncomfortable thirst if eating an apple still leaves them thirsty. Most patients feel no need for water and are quite happy with their six apples. Needless to say, an apple-day may never be given on the day on which there is no injection. The apple-day produces a gratifying loss of weight on the following day, chiefly due to the elimination of water. This water is not regained when the patients resume their normal 500-Calorie diet at lunch, and on the following days they continue to lose weight satisfactorily.”
Dr. Simeons stated the “Apple Day” technique is used primarily for psychological reasons, because the weight loss after an Apple Day is primarily from water loss. A plateau will be corrected on its own sooner or later without using the “Apple Day.” However, since many dieters get used to seeing an average of daily weight loss, they tend to get worried when reaching a plateau. That’s why Dr. Simeons introduced “Apple Day” to his patients to break the stall.
If you have tried these and are still on a plateau, then please go and talk to De. Aceves.